Friday, August 10, 2012

Last Week

We have been home for almost two weeks now. Life has been as crazy as ever.
"Want to take a picture of us mom?"
The girls were dying go go see the "dancing water" so Kirk took them to belligo fountains while I stayed home practicing the piano

The day after we came home was our little man's big ultrasound. Unfortunately Kirk had to work, because he was training a class he couldn't get out of it. I was already 20 weeks so the ultrasound had to happen that week. The ultrasound was at 8 in the morning so I felt bad asking someone to watch the girls that early and so I took them with me. Hands down the biggest mistake of my life! We had to wait an hour in the waiting room first...oh the patience of a 2 & 4 year old. We finally went to the back and I settled the girls down with colored pencils and paper. I finally got to see our little man (who is still a man). He is so handsome, active, and healthy (already weighing a pound)! It was so fun to see him squirming around in there..until the girls started fighting. Kicking each other actually. I'm laying on the ultrasound table trying the talk them down when Audrey got a bloody nose. The type of bloody nose that left her dress, floor, and bathroom covered in blood. I got off the exam table with my goopy belly and towel in my pants and took her to the bathroom to get things cleaned up. The ultrasound couldn't be over fast enough after that. We were all on our very last nerve. I feel bad for our third child who's ultrasound was not a highlight of the pregnancy. I feel for him always being in his sisters shadow. Heaven help him!
I also had a doctor appointment that same week. Everything looks great and after talking to my doctor I think I've chosen a hospital to deliver at. Exciting! We are officially half way (22 week today) and I am suddenly feeling very pregnant. My belly feels heavy, he is kicking nice and hard (Kirk is finally feeling him kick), and sleeping is starting to be uncomfortable (already!). Meaning he is growing! I have a hard time believing we are having another baby! Let alone a boy! The nursery is starting to come together and we even have a crib now...yay!
Kirk putting together the crib!

Anyway last week was crazy. My niece Abigail was baptized last weekend. She asked me to play the piano and give a talk at her baptism. It's true we now have a piano in our house...but before June I hadn't played the piano in 10 years! So as you can imagine I spent every spare second last week practicing the piano. Our house was never clean and we ate a lot of frozen foods. It also gave the girls a lot of time to run rampant and do things that four year old's should know better than to do. Kirsten took dry erase markers and drew me on the wall (I'm a mermaid and there is a baby in my belly) holding a umbrella.
We cleaned everything but the mermaid off, because I thought it was so dang cute. Apparently she thought the gave her permission to draw mermaids on the wall whenever she wanted because she was proud of the mermaid she drew on the door just days later...oh parenthood!
Last week we also ate a lot of popcorn and fudge...what can I say when a craving lasts all week you respect it :) Mostly it resulted in cute chocolate kisses!
We drove up to Utah last weekend for the baptism. We arrived just in time for me to play the prelude music. I practiced my guts out all week and it was well worth it. I didn't play perfectly but I played my best and felt good about it. Abby looked gorgeous in the dress my mom made her. She shined all day and it was so special to be there. We had a fun day being with cousins and my family. We went up to Payson Lakes Saturday evening where we enjoyed playing in the water and sand and being with family. We left early Sunday and made it home in time for church. It was a quick trip but we were so glad we could be there. Sunday evening I took a four hour nap and then went back to bed and slept a full night, now that's exhaustion!
Abby and I on her special day
My girls and I
Love this guy!
Silly girls

No comments:

Post a Comment