Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Howcrofts

Super exciting things happening around our house.
Kirk got a new job with IBM! Ok not really, his company was sold to IBM so he is doing the same thing (software instructor) just under a different name. We are excited at the possibilities working for IBM will bring us, YAY for further education!!
Kirk is still training for a half iron man (or a silver man as he likes to call it). A couple weeks ago while on a business trip he swam for an hour, biked for an hour, ran for an hour, then enjoyed every calorie of his Cheesecake Factory dinner! I am so proud of him for pushing himself. He loves the new road bike he got for his birthday. He has ridden it to work a couple times (10 miles each way) and except for the flat tire yesterday really enjoys it.
Kirk was just called to Young Mens from 11 year old scouts. He is excited and really enjoys working with the youth. He has traveled to Chicago and Phoenix recently and will be going back to Chicago and England in the near future. At least he never gets bored!
Today is Kirsten's last day of school.
She has really loved school and it will be missed by everyone except Audrey (she seems very independent but is not much fun to be around when her Kirsten is away, besides the fact she says bus repeatedly the entire time Kirst is gone). Kirsten has learned most of her letters and now confidently counts to ten multiple times throughout the day (1,2,3,4,5,6,W,8,9,10...every time LOVE it!). She knows most of her shapes now and all of her colors. We are loving the progress she has made. She has come home with the cutest projects but I think this one is my favorite.
We are super excited to have her home for the summer and trying to keep our calendar full so she doesn't get bored!
For the past week and a half we have been potty training at this house, both girls. We have had major success but also set backs. But we are keeping at it and we will have a house full of potty trained people soon, I will not be defeated! Kirsten had a really really hard time going #2 in the toilet. Months ago we bought a little Ariel princess doll and told Kirsten she could have it when she went #2 in the toilet. She carried that packaged doll around for months calling it "poo poo potty Ariel". Well last Tuesday night there was a huge party at our house when she finally did go #2. Kirsten ran around the house with her hands high in the air "Wahoo!" "Kirsten did it" "YAY Kirsten!" "Wahoo!" "Kirsten poo poo potty Ariel!" over and over and over.
Audrey is catching on like a champ, I'm soo proud of her, despite the time she peed on my leg.
In other big news Audrey is sleeping in her bed! We turned her old room into an office and after a couple weeks of her crying "bed gone" all night she is sleeping in her own bed all night long. (Of course she stands outside of her room and cries for 10 minutes after we put her to bed, but she is asleep in bed every night when we go to check on her. She has plenty of personality to keep us entertained!)
When I talk to Chelsey on the phone I will have Audrey say hi. Except Audrey doesn't say a word to Chelsey until I tell her to say hi to Cody (even though it is still Chelsey) then she is super talkative "HI Cody! I love you!" Seriously every time she talks to Chelsey she does it and it makes my day!
Now that the girls are sleeping in the same room they wake up together (always before Kirk and me). Their day starts out with Kirsten yelling "wake up Audrey" "Audrey, Kirsten wake, wake up". They then run out to their dress up box and dress themselves in a skirt or dress, high heels and a hat. Finally they come in and wake us up, Kirsten always runs to Kirks side of the bed and Audrey mine. It's a pretty great way to wake up if I do say so myself.
Lately, after we have been out and about, Kirsten has noticed when we get within about a mile of our house on our way home3. She throws her hands up in the air and yells "YAY home"  "Look mom, home!" "WAHOO!" It's the best! Home is the very best place to be!
I have let my hair grow out big time. It is the longest I have ever had it. I really liked it when I had time to curl it or do it at all for that matter.
But with summer coming up I decided to go for something shorter. To save money and time I asked Kirk to cut it for me. He did a good job and gave me a cute new look that is super easy and fast to do. I totally get why lots of moms opt for short hair now. Also after Kirk cut my hair Kirsten was ecstatic to declare that I now looked like her, loved it!
The girls are both growing personality like weeds.  They love to boss each other around, play in the shower, tackle/tickle Kirk, eat popsicles, dress up, sing songs, read books, climb up slides, swim, color, torture bugs, pick the neighbors flowers, help mom bake, and of course drink coco.
We are totally blessed and love the charming life we are living.

6 comments:

  1. There is never a dull moment at your house, is there? I love so many things about this post: that you let your husband cut your hair (and it is SO cute!), the school bus pictures are so fun, that you're potty training 2 kids at one time (that would kill me for sure), and everything else. Let's play this summer all the time so our kids don't get bored.

    And way to go kirk! I can only swim for about 2 minutes before I want to die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You guys definitely have entertainment all around you. I especially like the part where you talk about Audrey only talking to "Cody" unfortunately it's SO true. That little stinker! I miss being at your house...Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found another similarity between Spencer and Audrey. Spencer ALWAYS sleeps without his shirt. The photos of Kirsten's last day of school are adorable! Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sat behind you at church, and I love your hair! And I love it even more now that I know that your husband cut it! He did a great job. Good luck with potty training two. We're going to start potty training our youngest here pretty soon, and I'm not excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your girls! I need Dynelle time, I think you all should come out to Kentucky and see us. K?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so it really has been too long since I had blog time--LOVE your hair! You are one of the lucky ladies that look great with any hairdo!! Thanks for sharing your charming life with me via the blog and our weekly chats--I love ya!

    ReplyDelete