Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our garden

I would like to introduce you to our garden.
Isn't she beautiful? 
Kirk and I have dreamed of the day when we would own a house and could grow a garden of our very own. 
We have tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, peppers, blackberries and raspberries. By June we should have yummy fresh veggies, so excited! 
Hats off to Kirk for getting the sprinkler system in, doesn't it look fantastic? 
We planted it at night and in the morning Kirsten looked out and said "oh wow!, look!" it was really cute. 
Kirk and I really have no idea what we are doing and are keeping our fingers crossed that it grows. I kept saying things like "my mom would break up the roots" "my mom would put water in the hole before she put the plant in" and he kept saying "I grew pumpkins when I was little, of course I know exactly what I am doing". 
Umm, maybe you should keep your fingers crossed for us too.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, it's crazy that you're doing this in March. Crazy!! You lucky girl. It looks beautiful, you have such a sweet husband to put in a sprinkler system for you. You'll have to show us future pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah lucky. It looks way fun! You guys have done a lot of work to make such a wonderful yard and home. I love it.
    Also you guys should just have a beet farm.

    ReplyDelete