Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The girls room

 
We finally finished the girls room.  I love the way it turned out. We got the cute bed spreads at Target and their room looks like the target ad, but what can I say the ad was really cute and worked well on me! The picture on the wall of the two owls is what sold me, reminds me of my cute little girls. 
We found the beds online and I think they are really cute. We bought box springs for them but it made the beds really tall, too tall for the girls. So we are selling two box springs if anyone is interested :) Kirk added wood to the bottom of the beds to make them suitable for jumping, which the girls are already all over. 
I painted their names and frames to match the table we painted when Audrey was born. The picture on the wall as you enter the room is the one my Grandma Brinkerhoff cross stitched for me when I was a little girl. 
It was really fun to put their room together and I hope they have lots of fun giggly nights sleeping in the same room. 
Kirsten loves her new bed but Audrey not so much. She is still insisting on sleeping in her crib in her own room, which we don't mind so much because that means we get plenty of sleep.
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I want you to decorate my room. Also I have been waiting for this day when it would be all put together. It's even cuter than I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo! it looks SOOOOO cute, Dynelle. And I'm a tough critic. :) haha. Good job! i love that the two little owls picture was your inspiration. soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owls. How did you do the wall decals, or is it stenciled on? I know where I'll be sleeping when I come to visit. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dynelle, this is so darling! Couldn't have turned out cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you needed help decorating. Now I know that isn't true. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOO stinking cute! It makes me want to redecorate the kids room! P.S. you are on a blogging roll, good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their room is so cute, Dynelle! I was surprised when you said the bedspreads came from Target. I was thinking Pottery Barn Kids (not that I ever have the money to shop there, but I like to browse sometimes). I love Target! And I love the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! You are so talented, I'm Jealous! I love the owls theme it is so cute and something so unique you don't see it all over the place. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So you're coming next week to decorate my kids' room, right? YOU are amazing, girl! If my body was filled with the talent you have in your left pinky, I might be able to match my socks! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it--and now I need to run away to Vegas to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did this for my little girls room too! But I didn't see the cute hooks. I love those. I noticed you didn't get the lamp. It was the part that sold me on the bedding set (and the owl pillows). Kirsi has to have her owl pillow each night before bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Dynelle, that is the cutest room I've ever seen!!! I am so impressed!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete