Monday, March 21, 2011

Girls Weekend

This past weekend my best girl friends and I met up in St George for a weekend away. We are all married and have 11 kids between us with 2 more expected in the next 6 months. We desprately needed some girls only time. We met up Friday about 4:00 and spent some time at the pool to soak up the sunshine. That night we had dinner at Olive Garden, nothing beats pasta, bread sticks, and girl talk. We went shopping at Target and Old Navy then grabbed a bunch of snacks and headed back to the condo for some fun. We did facials, pedicures, and little bit of truth or dare (mostly just found out why Brenna thinks of Kirk as "chili boy"). Mostly we had a blast visiting about our husbands, babies, jobs, running our houses, and revisiting some of the good ol times. Brenna made us all stay up until 3:00 in the morning, but it was totally worth it to spend as much time as possible together.
Some of us slept in and then we enjoyed a relaxing breakfast together. Then we did some more shopping Tai Pan and DownEast. For lunch we grabbed a pizza and went to the park to enjoy some sunshine. After a few minutes we realized we were six 26 year old women sitting at the park without any children to run after, parks are so much more relaxing without the kiddos.
We had a fantastic time together. We all agree we should do it more often. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends. Thanks for the awesome weekend girls!

5 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!!! Brenna I love that you're eating in that last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I'm wanting a sister's weekend now. I had some friends that recently went to Phantom of the Opera and said it was divine. Hmmm...I'm thinking we need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds SO fabulous!!! I love Taipan and Downeast and Olive Garden! I'm glad you had a good time with your girlies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so fun! You are so lucky to have such amazing/close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Brenna was the one who made us stay up late :) Too much fun--I think I'm still recovering! Can't wait until the next one!

    ReplyDelete