Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy First Birthday Audrey!


Audrey turned one today!
We bought her this cute red wagon which she loves! As soon as she saw the wagon (6:30 this morning) she knew what her plans would be for the rest of the day, never leaving the wagon! She climbed in as happy as could be and Kirk pulled her around our bedroom while she giggled in delight. I wish I would have gotten a video because it was so adorable!

This evening we met up with a few friends and had a birthday party at the pool. It was the perfect evening for a party. The kids had fun swimming and the adults had fun chatting. The girls loved the watermelon and Audrey couldn't seem to get enough vegetables dipped in ranch. Kirsten tried her best to share the attention with Audrey and did pretty good. After Audrey blew out her candle Kirsten stuck two matches in her cupcake. Audrey hated her party hat but Kirsten wore it with pride. How can two people be so different and so alike at the same time?! It was such a fun evening! We are so glad Audrey is a part of our family. She adds so much life to our household. She makes me melt like no one else can. I adore my little baby girl and can't wait to become better acquainted with the amazing person she turning out to be.


2 comments:

  1. Funny thing, I have photos of Brayden's 1st birthday wearing a party hat and he has the very same mad face. Oh how I wish you luck for the years ahead of you. It looks like you had a wonderful time.

    I didn't even recognize Kirk with his new haircut. He always has been sooo extreme. HaHa

    We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey looks so much older!!! One year! Crazy! I love the pictures :) And all I want right now is to swim with your guys and eat that delicious watermelon!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete