Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Highlites

The weekend of Timothy's blessing was full of our fun family. My parents and Abigail came to Vegas on Thursday. Brett, Jess, and Barrett showed up on Friday. Saturday Tom, Karen, Paulette, Liz, Brixton, Hawk, Garrett, Emily, Bekah, Chelsey, Cody, Camille, Justin, Jacob, Allie, Eliza, Riley, Aaron, Joriel, Kassandra, and Alex joined the ongoing party. Jim, Julie, and Tyler came on Sunday just in time for the blessing. Our amazing family traveled for hours to support us. We felt very loved. We made so many memories, here are a few of our favorites. (Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the Howcroft's. I didn't take pictures of the weekend and so the pictures I do have are my moms. But the Howcroft's were there too!)

My parents were life savers. I was able to enjoy the weekend so much more because of their help. My mom helped me grocery shop (two very full carts). They helped me make all the meals ahead of time (we spent hours in the kitchen before everyone arrived). They kept my house clean during all of the chaos. They were awesome and I was very grateful to have them here.

Brett and Jess shocked the pants off of us Friday when they knocked on our door (we thought they were coming Saturday). Finally Barrett and Timothy were able to meet (they are 2 months and 1 day a part). Immediately after they arrived we took Baer upstairs and woke up Timothy. Realizing the boys happened to have the same outfit we quickly changed Timothy to match his cousin. We laid them next to each other and giggled in delight as the checked each other out. We made them hold hands and then stood them up and had them hug. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life watching those boys hug each other and Barrett refused to let go of Timothy, SO CUTE! It didn't take long to discover they both loved baths so we ran upstairs and let them take their first bath together. They both loved it and kicked like maniacs. These two boys are already bff's.

Saturday we had lunch at our house. The weather was a little stormy and we decided to just eat at our house before heading to the mtns. 27 people eating hot dogs in our tiny house. The more the merrier for sure!

Grandpa Tom had surgery on his elbow and hand on Thursday so he had a huge cast. But as I was running around getting everything ready I saw him on the floor in the playroom playing trains with my girls. That is what Grandpas are all about.

Saturday afternoon we went to Spring Mtn ranch. We hiked to the lake, toured the house, played croquet, and enjoyed being together.

Saturday evening we held a family birthday party for Kirsten at the park. She was so excited to celebrate with her cousins. She told everyone she was 6 now that she was having another birthday, ha ha. We had yummy food, a pinata, cupcakes, and presents. It was a gorgeous evening.

Saturday night 22 people slept at our house. People were everywhere (including the garage and hallway). Our house was exploding with family, just the way we like it. We had to head to bed early because of church but we really enjoyed being together.

After the blessing we had brunch at a nearby park. It was fun to be together with everyone and enjoy some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment