Monday, March 25, 2013

A name and a blessing


Sweet Timothy was blessed March 10, 2013. I love the name Timothy but I have had doubts about it being the right name for him. As I fed him the morning of his blessing I looked at him and thought "if we want to change his name it needs to happen right now." I stared at him saying his name softly, wondering if this name would suite him throughout his life. He looked at me and smiled as if to say "I like my name mom". I am relieved to know he is a Timothy Monson after all.
Our sacrament meeting is at 8 am and it happened to be daylight savings. Kirk and I are very blessed to have a supportive family. Our families not only filled four large benches but were also all on time! There were less than a dozen people from our ward there when the meeting began.The bishop got up and welcomed everyone "to the Howcroft baby blessing."
Timothy's blessing was a spiritual experience for both Kirk and I. I've always felt he has a strong spirit and his blessing confirmed that he is indeed a man of great strength. I am in awe that someone with potential as strong as his is trusted to Kirk and I from our Father in Heaven.
He was handsome in the blessing outfit and handmade booties from my sister Camille. He was calm and sweet throughout the day, happy to be in the arms of all the many people who love him.

1 comment:

  1. aw, special day. i like your story about changing his name and how he told you he likes it. i think we all second guess ourselves with names just because it's such a huge thing. i'm glad you're all feeling good about timothy now. he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete