Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunbeam!

Today was Kirsten's first day in sunbeams! Four weeks ago when I picked her up from nursery the leader mentioned it was her last week in nursery. My draw literally dropped, I was totally taken back. Wait, what?! My baby girl is all grown up and going to primary?! Because of Christmas being on a Sunday and no nursery held she was headed straight for primary. I refused to acknowledge the facts and pushed the thoughts of her going to primary back like a bad dream. Ever since being released as a sunbeam teacher I have been incredibly bummed that I don't get to be Kirsten's teacher, I was really looking forward to it. Letting her go to primary without me in there was just, illogically, really hard for me to do. So it worked out well that the girls were sick last week when Kirsten was suppose to start primary. It gave mom a little breather time so no one (and I mean me) cried today when she became a full blown kid. She was ecstatic to go and really enjoyed it. When asked she totally preferred primary to nursery. Which just means she is in good hands even if they aren't mine. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! She really is growing quickly, and beautifully! I love her silliness and her adorable outfit. (p.s. I beat Chelsey)

    ReplyDelete