Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The cast is off, let life resume to normal (please!)

On our way to get the cast off, so happy!
 The doctor took it off. Audrey is officially healed! They took more x-rays and it was amazing to see how much the bone has already grown back. When we get the pictures I will share. The body is so amazing!
After they cut her cast off she jumped off the table ran over to Kirsten and said "look Kirsten, all better!" It was the cutest little moment. Kirsten of course was very impressed. Audrey then walked to x-ray like she had a monkeys tail for an arm. She had no idea what to do with it and held it straight out very awkwardly, it was pretty funny. She kept asking the doctor for a pink cast after they took her blue one off. I'm not sure she really remembers life before her cast. Also I wouldn't exactly by heartbroken if she wanted to get all her bone breaking out of her system since we have now met our deductible for the year. Break one arm get one free kind of thing. But then again she might hold off until January 3. 
In this picture she is thinking "what am I supposed to do with my arm?"
We celebrated by taking the girls to get ice cream afterwards. As soon as we were home I happily threw them both in the bath with celebration bubbles and bathtub crayons. They played for an hour while I got laundry done, win win win! Everyone is happy! Although I find it ironic that the day she got her cast off was the day we officially started receiving medical bills in the mail, now the real fun begins! (I feel like I need to say we love Audrey a lot and don't mind the medical bills, cause you know we are pretty dang fond of her. And for the record I would happily meet another deductible December 30 of 2012 for her if I had to :) )
 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet moment to witness! We're so happy for Audrey and for you. Now, Santa had better bring cash to get those bills paid. You all have definitely been nice this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just love that Audrey didn't know what to do with her arm. ALSO...can I take a bath in that tub with lots of bubbles and crayons? Please!? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete