Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunday Sunday

We are back from our whirlwind trip to Utah County, Vernal, Salt Lake, and Florida. We rolled back into St George at midnight Saturday night...so happy to be home. We had a great time seeing friends, family, and were happy to see Emily actually agree to marry Garrett. But were we ever exhausted yesterday.
We slept in until 9:00 (and by sleeping in I mean waking up every few hours to take care of our babies). Kirk and Kirsten got ready and headed to church while Audrey and I went back down for naps. Although the nap never really happened since Audrey decided to make her sole purpose of the day to eat constantly. Feeding Audrey sums up everything I did yesterday.
Kirk went to church with Kirsten...who would not let him put her down, at all. He held her during sacrament until the glorious color brown ran down her legs. Of course her dress and onesie were stained, but what can ya do. She refused to go to nursery and so she got to go to Sunday School with him, where she refused to be put down and so he taught with her in his arms. Distracting to 13 year olds? I think so. He ended class a few minutes early and came home. Perfect nap opportunity. We put the girls down and tried to catch up on sleep ourselves, but Audrey hated that plan and insisted on eating.
And the scenerio replayed it self over and over yesterday.
So 6:45 last night I tell Kirk I just need a break and ask him if he wants to take the girls on a quick walk down the street. Liking his wife to be sane he readily agreed. Audrey is loaded into the carrier and Kirsten in the stroller. I climb into the tub with a readers digest hoping I get a full article in before he comes home. After I finished the entire magazine I realize its been an hour and jump out of the tub wonderding where my husband an babies were. My heart pounds, my eyes tear up, and my mind races with all the terrible what ifs.
But there they were walking up the street (yes it was very dark) having the time of their lives. As parents of two, is this really our new normal? Really???

3 comments:

  1. Kirk is a great hubby...and I'm glad you finally got some alone time. I'm sorry we wore you out during the wedding...but it sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey must be in the middle of a huge growth spurt! How nice of Kirk to give you the chance to take a soothing bath and do some reading. And it's wonderful that you have a bathtub now for times like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How smart of you to recognize that you will have a "new" normal. I asked Clark many times if things would ever get back to normal after the birth of a baby and he wisely informed me that we would have to find a new normal. He was right and yes, for now this is your new normal. Good luck :) Beverly Hall

    ReplyDelete