Thursday, May 7, 2009

Living in St George and loving it

We made it to St George
we love it here even more than we thought we would.

Kirk absolutely loves his job.
Sunday night he was like a kid waiting for Santa
and he was not disappointed.
His job is everything he hoped for and then some.
Yay for a career!

Kirsten loves living in a house with no stairs
her desire to walk has vanished because
her crawling is no longer limited.
She loves that Kirk and I are back on a schedule
and enjoys plenty of cuddling time.
Nights are the hardest for her
St George is simply too hot.
Be warned if you visit
(she only sleeps in a diaper!)

Baby girl #2 is also loving it here
Her kicking has easily doubled
(I think she's thrilled to be born in St George, not Wyoming)

I love living in a house.
No smell of Asian food seeping through our vents.
I can do laundry any time I want.
My dishwasher is my new best friend.
(I actually am excited for meals to be over, because I can do dishes so quickly)
And a master bathroom!
my oh my. How do people enjoy living without one?
I'm afraid it might be a commodity I won't be willing to give up.
My other favorite thing is a garage.
Nice cool car seat when I go to put Kirsten in the car.
Hauling groceries only 10 feet.
Life is pretty darn near perfect.

I've only found one downside to living in St George
(and no it's not the heat)
Cockroaches
I had never actually met one
until the day I moved in
14 were there to greet me, bellyside up, on my kitchen floor.
I was completely grossed out, but quickly cleaned them up
until Tuesday morning, when I found a huge live cockroach
who did not agree with my plan to vacuum him up.
That night we spent $60 on cockroach killer
This morning there is a nice perimeter of belly side up cockroaches along the outside of our house.

Anyway, don't hesitate to come visit!
Pictures of our house will be posted later
(I need to find our camera)

4 comments:

  1. Yay for cockroaches...better get used to it. You will need to spray your house inside and out about every 4-5 weeks. That is the one thing I have yet to get used to down here too. It was nice to meet Kirsten in person yesterday, she's a cutie, and to see you again after 5 whole years. We missed you at the splash park today but I'm sure we'll be going there a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang i hate cockroaches!! I can't wait to come visit and go ride bikes on the amazing trails=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know we didn't get to see each other all that often when you were in Provo, but just knowing you're four hours away or so makes me miss you, weird, huh? Anyway i guess that's a good excuse for a trip. Glad everything is going so well for you. Thanks for telling me my baby is cute cuz i sure agree. What names are you thinking for this new little one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing that Kirk's job is perfect for him! So glad they hired him! Smart move on their part, that's for sure. And that's wonderful that you now enjoy an absence of stairs, a dishwasher, master bathroom, no shared vents bringing in pungent smells at random times, AND a garage! So happy for you guys!! Glad you invested in some much needed pesticides. Having grown up in AZ, I feel your pain and disgust with those roaches (I could tell you plenty of stories of all-too-close encounters...yuck!) Hope you won't have any more stories to tell us about those critters, except of their EXTERMINATION! Miss you, Dynelle!!!

    ReplyDelete