Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baby girl

A couple weeks ago I found this cute dress at Walmart to bring baby girl home from the hospital in. I hate calling her baby girl. She deserves a name because she is very much a part of this family. So the other night Kirk and I sat down and decided on 4 names we really like.

Audrey Marie-I've always loved the name Audrey. Marie is Karen (Kirks mom)'s middle name. It's also the middle name of our niece Izzi who passed away last summer. Should we name her Audrey Marie after cute Izzi and Kirk's amazing mother? My brother Josh thinks we should spell it Audri...don't you think he's wrong?
Sara Ann-I think Sara is a classic name, but not overused. Ann is my mother and oldest sister (Kristy) and her daughter (Madison)'s middle name. Should we name her Sara Ann after wonderful women in my family?
Claire Emily-My two oldest sisters are Kristy and Camille. They are best friends (although I've been warned they fought a lot until they moved out of the same house) who were born 13 months apart. If I have two daughters Kirsten and Claire would they be as good of friends like Kristy and Camille? When I was a teenager I told my mom I desperately wanted a middle name. She unofficially gave me the middle name of Emily. When Kirk and I started dating I told him my name was Dynelle Emily. He called me Dynelle Emily throughout our 3 years of dating (I didn't correct him until we were engaged). Should we name her Claire Emily after me?
Kate Nicole-I have always loved both these names. Neither of them have special meaning except for being cute. How cute would Kirsten and Kate be?

Those are the names we chosen for our next daughter. And we call her each of them randomly depending on our mood. I usually call her Sara/Claire/Audrey/Kate, but she can't go on like this. Will you help us name her?

11 comments:

  1. oh boy. what a delemma. I have always loved Audry (with a Y) but i also love the sound of Kirsten and Claire or Kirsten and Kate. I wonder what i should vote for.....if you use Kate, will all your kids have K names??!! (just a though) I am going to think about it before i vote:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote of Audrey. Its one of my favs and Jerrel doesn't like it so now its up to you to use it. And yes, Josh is wrong. =)

    BTW, good job Kirsten! Smart girl...walking with that pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO, NO, NO! Heather, Josh is not wrong! =) I spoke with some people at work and while they didn't agree with me, they also don't agree with you. They say it should be spelled "Audrie". As soon as I mentioned the Facebook petition idea they laughed me out of the staff room . . so don't expect to see that any time soon.

    Audri is my vote. And I get two, because I'm your older brother. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Josh's friend, Audri...he told me to come vote :) Of course I've voting for Audri and with an "I". I've never met anyone with the same spelling, which always makes me feel special and unique. And in my opinion it's much cuter to write than Audrey, Audrie, or Audry. Just my opinion...not that you really care because you don't know me :) Good luck choosing a name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote Audrey Marie...and spelled just like that. It's just the most darling name ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, it's me again...I just voted and wanted to tell you it was ironic that "Sara Ann" is one of your other choices, that is my sisters name. You have classy taste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so i have thought about this long and and hard. My first choice would be Audrey Marie. Kirsten was named after a special person who has passed on so it would be fitting to name her after a special someone. My second choice would have to be Sara Ann, I also like a good classic. (and it goes will with Kirsten)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1st- Audrey (I would have named Amelia that, but mike kept calling her Oddie and it drove me nuts)
    2nd choice -Sara Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the sound of Audrey Marie Howcroft, you know she's going to be a gorgeous, funny, smart girl with a name like that. Not that she won't be with the others too, but Audrey just makes me think that. plus i think i need to come shop at your Wal-Mart, i love that dress but i've never seen anything like it at ours. Hope St. George is treating you all well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those names sound beautiful, so we'll love whatever you decide in the end. I voted for Sara Ann, mainly because out of all the Sara(h)'s I've ever met, I've never once met one that I didn't like. They have all had different personalities, of course, but somehow every single Sara/Sarah has impressed me in a positive way. Also, I like that your baby will most likely have a September birthday, and it just sounds cool to say, "Sara Ann was born in September." Okay, I'm an alliteration geek, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. But if for some reason your baby girl is born the end of August, then Audrey (however you end up spelling it:) would be just as alliterative: "Audrey Marie was born in August." Daniel also voted for Sara Ann. His one and only sister is named Sara Kathleen, so I guess we're both biased on the name Sara.

    ReplyDelete