Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why I haven't been blogging lately

We sure have been busy this Christmas season. These are just a few of the things occupying all of our time.Saturday, Dec 20, we went to dinner with some of my good friends from college. We had a great time laughing and catching up. In the picture is my friend Katie (from Idaho) Kirsten and my first roomate Heather's daughter Reagan. Our little "treat boxes" we took around to friends and family for Christmas. We spray painted the lids (which still smelled like paint 4 days later) so I'm not sure people actually ate the cookies but they sure were cute!We dyed our cookies red and green in the spirit of ChristmasThe tutu's I made for my nieces Abby and Alyviah. They turned out so cute my friend Katie and I made more for her to give away for Christmas.Flour Sugar jars I made for my sister-in-law Liz. Don't ask m e why I didn't center both of them I made this for my parents. The vinyl lettering that we did didn't work very well so I had to stick each letter on my hand and so it's not exactly perfect...but that makes it homemade and special.The calendar I made for Chelsey (for our annual girl Christmas party) FYI calendars are a heck of a lot more work then they should be. Take a good look at this one, it might be the only one I ever do.My youngest brother Garrett entered the MTC on Dec 17. So we have spent time in Vernal for his farewell, etc. We got to go to breakfast with him the day of entering MTC. Then we went to the Provo Temple for last pictures and then we went to the MTC to say goodbye. Kirsten even folded her arms for the prayer (very first time ever!)Elder Brinkerhoff (both of them...Garrett and William, but Garrett is the only one with the greenie dot)Garrett and his adorable neice at the Provo TempleAfter the first big snowstorm we went out and built our snowman. We had a lot of fun, but Kirsten decided she would rather take a nap than help. Her snowman is supposed to be crawling (but it looks more like a dog...whoops!)Kirk's neice Brixton came and stayed with us for about 4 days while her parents were out of the state. We had a lot of fun with her (especially because we told her about the elves watching her...she was an angel for us!). We colored, painted fingernails, shoppped, and made cookies. We told her she looked like a snowman becuase she was so covered in flour.My friend Brenna who came over for holiday bakingThe cookies turned out really cute and delicious!She is what occupies most of my time, and I'm so glad. She's been so much fun to have this Christmas season. Christmas really is more fun with kids. She always has that big smile on her face and I just love her to pieces!My mom sent her this cute nativity set. She loves it and doesn't leave it alone unless she is sleeping. We've lost baby Jesus though, so keep your eye open for him!

And I'm exhausted!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you have accomplished quite a bit these last few weeks!! Hope your brother has a good Christmas in the MTC. Kirsten is a DARLING Mrs. Santa Claus :)

    ReplyDelete