Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Review

This weekend was full of Christmas fun.
Friday we took Kirsten to Target for her 9 month pictures. They turned out so cute, we stood there for 20 minutes trying to decide which picture to her Grandma's would like more. Who knew we would have such an adorable daughter? We then came home and while Kirk did some work on the computer, I hung Christmas lights in our windows (3 of the 4 strands are now on the ground) and Kirsten crawled around the house at full speed. She has been pretty good about leaving the Christmas tree alone, but she decided it was time for her and the tree to get acquainted. She pulled off an ornament and then spent the next couple minutes trying to figure out how to put it back on the tree. She also opened her first present.

Saturday we went up to Salt Lake for Christmas activities. We went to the festival of trees, which was just really cool. We also saw my aunt Phyllis and family there which was fun. We then headed to Gardner Village where I fell in love with the quilting store. Kirsten wanted to touch every blanket I touched (I have great ambitions of us sewing together now...I'm so glad I have a girl!). After walking through all the shops and taking some pictures by the elves
I asked Kirk "can you see why my sisters and I like it here so much?"
to which he replied "yep, and I can see why you leave me at home"
After a not so great experience at the restaurant there we decided to not let it ruin our day and headed up to see the lights on temple square. But after driving around for an hour looking for parking with a very tired whiney baby in the backseat we headed home.
But Brett, being the awesome brother he is, came down to Provo with his "friend" Andrea to hang out with us, despite our ditching out on plans to hang out in SLC. We had a great time visiting and playing all sorts of fun games.

Now we are headed to church. Don't you just love this time of year at church, when all the kids are dressed so cute? (I mean beside the extra spiritual enlightenment of course!)

3 comments:

  1. I love the brown coat Kirsten is wearing....very chic. Thanks for posting pictures from Gardner's village...I've never seen it at Christmas time. I think we need another girl trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool of you guys to go together to the Festival of Trees! Sounds fun. Kirsten looked so cute crawling around in her red Christmas sweater and skirt at church! But then again, she is always beautiful, no matter what she wears!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't belive she is just getting so Big!

    ReplyDelete