Wednesday, October 9, 2013

8 YEARS

8 years!
It seems like Kirk and I have been married forever. Our 8th year was my favorite. So many great things happened for us. Kirk started working from home, we welcomed Timothy to the family, bought a family car, and moved to Utah! There have been moments that were most assuredly the happiest of my life but there were also the nights I cried myself to sleep or wondered if Kirk and I would ever see eye to eye on an issue. Our anniversary couldn't have come at a better time. A baby, move, and job game all in a year isn't easy on a marriage, we desperately needed some time to reconnect.
My sister Chelsey gracious watched all three kids for two days and two nights. I had a really hard time leaving Timothy (he is so little still) but I kept reminding myself he was in good hands, he would be fine, and this would be so so good for our marriage.
We wanted to go somewhere different and somehow ended up in Sun Valley, Idaho. We had a lot of time together in the car to talk. We were really able to open up and connect on a deep level. Sun Valley was beautiful and we scored a super nice hotel. We saw a lot of beautiful mountains, a few different lakes and even ate an "Idaho" pizza made with steak and potatoes as toppings.
As Kirk and I talked about where we thought we would be in 5 years and 10 years I realized 5 years ago, when we were celebrating 3 years, we had hoped we would have a few more kids, a decent job, live outside of Utah, and own a home. We are so blessed to have life turn out like we wanted. Now here's to 8 more years and eternity after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment