Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Photo Bomb

The girls received American Girl dolls from their Nana Christmas 2010, but I have them put away to play with occasionally so the girls can appreciate them a little more when they are older. But the day before Kirk got home from Singapore we got them out and the girls were in HEAVEN! They played with those dolls nonstop all day. And at one point I found the girls putting bandaids on their American Girl dolls heads. Funny kids.
 
Later that day I found them in the downstairs bathroom "doctoring up" their little stuff animals.
Kirsten has definitely gotten into posing for the camera, silly faces and all. She loves for me to take pictures of her dancing, playing with her toys, or dressing up. Here are just a few.
 Oh the fun things the girls do with their Dad. They love these tunnels!
We have a fantastic ward. Every day during the summer they have a different activity, hosted by someone different, for anyone to do. We have had swimming days, days at the splash park, tour of a dairy farm, tour of California Pizza Kitchen, Canada Day party, and all sorts of other fun things to do.
At Anderson Dairy. Audrey told me the cows were broke, then decided that "they died."
Nothing beats free ice cream at the end of the tour!
Their very own pizza's made all by themselves! Kirsten's had no sauce...yum!





The other day the girls were anxious to color but I was trying to get dishes done and the table cleared off first. I finally told them they could just color on the floor. They got really excited and were busy for a few minutes...until I came around the island and realized they took me literally. They had fun cleaning it up though so that's something right?
Kirsten's mermaid and mad face that she had to stop!
They are so silly!
Audrey was getting undressed upstairs when I heard yelling and screaming comparable to her teeth being ripped out. Nope, just stuck in her shirt. Oh her screaming will be the death of me I tell you!
Freshly bathed. This is how they might remember their childhood....always wanting to watch a movie on our phones.

The rule at our house lately is everyone takes afternoon naps...or is quiet enough that mom can take one. One afternoon I went to check on them "napping" and only saw Audrey's legs sticking out from under her bed. I couldn't find Kirsten anywhere until Audrey showed me Kirst under the same bed. They were having a blast playing with their little dolls under the bed. Love having kids!

I don't know if all kids have awesome nap time pictures, but mine seriously do. I'm always cracking up at the things they do to fall asleep.
After waking up from a nap I saw this. I first noticed the cute kangaroo and fox lined up but then I was like "wait is Kirsten tied up?"
And sure enough she managed to bind her feet and hands together before falling asleep. I kindly let her free while she slept and she didn't remember any of it when she woke up.
Oh nothing strange, she just fell asleep with her bear on her face.
And when I woke up from my nap today I found Audrey in her bathroom fast asleep like this. I'm not sure if she needed to go potty and then couldn't stay awake any longer or what but this picture seriously cracked me up!
So sweet...like there is nothing strange about sleeping next to the toilet.

After a rough morning yesterday I asked Audrey if she wanted to go live with Aunt Camille. She quickly replied yes so I told her to go pack her bags. She (and Kirsten) promptly filled their princess backpacks with shirts, shorts, skirts, socks, shoes, underwear, toys, and a few books. They were so cute getting ready and helping each other pack. Audrey then told me "you have to drive, I can't, I'm to small, you do it." If only Aunt Camille lived close enough I could have dropped them off for a few hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment