Tuesday, February 22, 2011

lover long weekends

We really enjoyed President's weekend this year. Kirk got off of work at 2:00 on Friday and we had a nice weekend staying  at home and crossing things off our "to do list". My brother Josh came down on Friday night and stayed til Sunday. We love visitors and had a blast with Josh.
 
  • taxes
  • readied garden ready to plant (including drip line system)
  • sprayed polyurathane on the table and chairs
  • cleaned 3 very dirty bathrooms
  • washed, dried and put away 7 loads of laundry
  • installed a security system (just try to burglarize us, I dare you)
  • watched Unstoppable (and Office & 30 Rock, of course)
  • Kirsten and I went to Hoover Dam and did the tour, it was really fun
  • made chocolate chip cookies for Josh
  • visited friends, had friends over
  • planned Kirsten's birthday
  • and this morning we dropped Kirk off at the airport and sent him to DC for a couple days
But the best part of it all is when I went over to watch Bachelor with some girls in the ward  I left Kirk home to put Kirsten to bed and go to bed himself (he was running on only 4 hours of sleep). But when I came home a couple hours later he had cleaned the house. Including folding towels, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dishes, and picking up. He is so fantastic! I'm not sure it's possible to love a man more than I love my Kirk.

3 comments:

  1. it is the best when husbands clean. For real.

    That's a cute picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome weekend! Long weekends are the best. Get lots done and never want it to end. Are you sick of Hoover Dam yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so fun and what a sweet husband! I was just thinking, I wish I had my own house (that was a tad bigger) so I could offer to take your girls so you could go to DC or some of the cool places with Kirk! Maybe in a year or two!

    ReplyDelete