Sunday, February 13, 2011

The cute things they do!

Thanks to an e-mail I got from my sweet sister-in-law, Emily, I started writing down a few of the cute things our girls are doing these days.
  • Audrey smacks her lips when she wants a kiss (especially when Kirsten gets in trouble)
  • Audrey says "nuh uh" and shakes her head when we tell her it is time for bed
  • Audrey points to the ducks in the picture above her changing table saying "duck duck duck"(the cross stitch my Grandma Brinkerhoff did for me when I was a young girl)
  • Audrey runs to stand in the corner as a privilege (in fact sometimes we tell her to go to the corner to distract her, and she happily prances right over! (great parenting I know))
  • Kirsten giving Audrey a time out (complete with Kirsten dragging Audrey over to the corner, babbling about why she is there, stepping away for a few seconds, and having Audrey give her kisses and say sorry)
  • Audrey sticks her tounge on her teeth rubbing back and forth when she wants to brush them
  • Audrey has decided to use my"shelf" (yes I sometimes stick things down my shirt to hide them from the girls, until Audrey started sticking toys she wanted to hide from Kirsten down my shirt, and then even down her own shirt!)
  • Kirsten says "your welcome" every time we ask her to say "thank you"
  • Most common phrase out of my mouth is "Kirsten give it back to Audrey,.. one, two, thank you"
  • Kirsten sings twinkle twinkle little star to Kirk "dinko dinko williw ar, ow undr wat ew ar, up buv sky hi, dinko dinko ar"
  • Kirsten has a shutting door fetish. She loves to shut all the bedroom and bathroom doors often trapping Audrey. So the other day when I had "had it" I locked her in my closet for 30 seconds. She cried when I let her out and continued to cry for a couple minutes until I told her sorry and gave her kisses. 
  • Both girls LOVE to dance, all day long, everyday.
  • Audrey keeps good tabs on our shoes and brings us to them, no matter where we are in the house (bathtub included)
  • Kirsten refuses to feed herself and Audrey refuses to be fed
  • Every time Audrey gets in the car she points to Adam's carseat and say "Ada" and then to Kirsten's car seat saying "ir en" and keeps repeating herself until we agree with her.
  • If Kirk is around Kirsten insists on him helping her with everything. If I help her then she is upset until Kirk redoes it for her. It can be very frustrating having a Daddy's girl!
  • The girls LOVE fish and insist on visiting the fish tanks every time we go to Walmart.
I plan to keep adding to the list as I think of all the cute quirky things they do. They sure make me happy and I love the sweet little things they do!

3 comments:

  1. Dynelle, give it back. One, two, ... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah Audrey is definitely a Dynelle jr. I love reading all of the cute things they do. You will love looking back at this post when they are older and forge.Kirsten refuses to eat and Audrey refuses to eat. Ha you have a good way of putting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Also, it sounds like you need to invest in a fish tank!

    ReplyDelete