Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cars

 I know I've mentioned Kirsten's love for her cars before, but since the love has grown I feel like I should expound a little bit about her favorite toys. Simply put her cars have replaced her dolls. She hasn't played with a doll in weeks. Instead it's the cars in the high chair, stroller, and craddle. Her cars continue to get their diapers changed, fed, and bathed. She goes to bed with them each night and won't let us leave the room until we have given them kisses goodnight. The other day my sister Amanda had her bike tools out fixing her bike and Kirsten jumped at the chance to fix her cars a little bit too. Kirsten rarely leaves a room without at least one car. Also she insists on bringing them everywhere. The other day we went to the store. I took Kirsten in with me, leaving the cars in the car, and Kirk came in later with Audrey. When we met back up with Kirk a few minutes later it was the end of the world. Kirsten cried and reached for the front door for the next 5 minutes until Kirk went back out and grabbed her car. Last week we went to Walmart and Mater came in the store with us. He rode on the bottom of the cart facing forward (it looked like he was having a fun ride). We checkout and get out to the car and realize Mater is MIA. 10 minutes later we found Mater underneath one of the shelves in the store. I bought a Cars birthday party pack which came in a cute Cars decorated box. She now carries the box around everywhere. After her nap today she pointed to the desk and asked please I figured she wanted the candy or juice on the desk, but nope it was the box. She loves her cars. When the movie came out four years ago I would have never thought my daughter would be come so obbessed with it. She refuses to watch anything else. Yes I can quote the entire movie, thanks for asking. She is adorable carrying her cars everywhere and I am glad she is so passionate about something.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable obsession! Thanks for describing that more fully. How cute that Kirsten makes sure her cars are well cared for, day and night. Those pictures of Kirsten and her cars are great documentation of what she loves. It will be interesting to see how long this passion of hers lasts. Maybe by now you're hoping only a few more months, but it's stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete