Sunday, February 17, 2008

Anxiously Waiting

When I wrote our last blog, I was certain that the next blog I wrote would be telling you all about how Kirsten was born and how adorable she really is. Unfortunately that is not this blog. We thought for sure we would have her over the weekend, but she has yet to make her grand appearance. We tried everything we could think of and spent a good hour on the internet looking for natural ways to induce labor, but our daughter is quiet comfortable where she is and lets us know that she plans to stay there for awhile yet. I guess we can't really complain, we still have 4 days until our due date. I just want her to come sooner than later so she's not a 10 pound baby like her dad was (the drawback of being married to Kirk).
Our Valentines Day wasn't exactly what we had hoped for, we thought maybe my water broke and spent the evening in the hospital missing our dinner reservation. But the hospital trip only confirmed we are paranoid first time parents and only encouraged us to spend more time on walks persuading our daughter to come meet us. Kirk was sweet and brought home roses and chocolates (one box for me and one box for Kirsten). He gave me gift certificate for a professional pregnancy massage which was awesome, I was actually able to lay on my belly! (we also hoped it would start labor, but...) I got him the superman ring he's been dreaming (literally) of. Although it was different than we expected, it was fun to be together (and we figure since we are having kids our holidays will be different than expected from now on so we are trying to get used to it).
Hopefully we'll have pictures of our beautiful baby to show off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment