Thursday, January 20, 2011

5 things about Chelsey's wedding

1. So traveling with Audrey is the worst. She screamed 90% of the drive (unless she was asleep). 90%!!!!! I so wish that was an exaggeration! If we never ever leave Las Vegas again it will be because traveling is so miserable. How bad could it have been really, you ask? You are mistaken if you think her crying sounds like butterfly wings in flight, but you are correct if you think she sounds like a coyote. Fine, if you really want to watch the video of her crying I will post it, but only if you sympathize for me. Am I making this too dramatic? Don't most people post video's of their children crying? Cause they should.
 
2. Chelsey's bridal shower was a dream. Wait first I want to say that she received her endowments in the Vernal temple Saturday morning. It was so amazing to be sitting next to mom my and sisters in the temple. I bawled through most of the session just because I was so happy. The temple is such a wonderful place and I'm so excited that Chelsey and I can now go together. Ok temple=awesome. Now the bridal shower (insert ahhh). My awesome sister Camille hosted the shower at her house, her beautiful spacious but cozy home. It was wonderful to have the kids and men upstairs playing while the women enjoyed being together downstairs. We served soup in breadbowls with fruit kabobs and veggies on the side (thanks to Kristy). The games were fun, she only had 9 pieces of gum in her mouth (out of 11 questions), everyone fought over the dustpan in the present game, we heard some pretty funny first kiss stories, and found out Chelsey had only tried her dress on 9 times! Camille also put together a beautiful advice book for everyone to write in. She received awesome gifts and left only one unopened because she was too embarrassed to open it in front of her in-laws. We did a snowflake theme and decorated with lights and snowflakes across the ceiling. We handed out cookies and hot cocoa (with handmade snowflake cups) while Chelsey opened gifts. And everyone walked away with a cute snowflake key chain as a party favor. It was so fun to be together and spoil the bride to be.
 
3. Sunday we drove Kirk out to Salt Lake so he could fly home to Vegas to work for a couple days. The girls and I then drove up to Logan to spend some time with 3 of my younger siblings. We stayed in Chelsey's teeny one bedroom apartment. The girls thought it was pretty cool for the first 10 minutes but then spent the rest of the night trying to leave, sigh. It turned out to be a really long night with me determined to drive home to Vegas in the morning. But then Brett & Jess and Garrett & Emily showed up and all 9 of use hung out while the girls fell asleep in our arms. It was so fun to sit and visit with everyone with Audrey so calm and asleep in my arms. I have awesome siblings (in laws too!). The thing is Brett & Jess found some nice newlywed apartments in June. Garrett and Emily moved into the apartment directly below them in August. Chelsey and Cody just moved in right next door to Brett. There was never a dull moment and always someone to hang out with. Fabulous times! The girls loved Chelsey's utensil drawer, Brett's plant (especially the dirt), and Garrett's fish (Kirsten literally stood there for 30 minutes cracking up at the fish and telling them no no no). The girls and I stayed in Logan until Thursday and had a blast hanging out with my very best friend Camille and her cute cute cute kiddos. She let us overstay our welcome at our house many nights but man was it fun to be together. Tuesday night we ditched our adorable children and went to dinner with our friend Alison. We had such a blast laughing our guts out. Alison=hilarious. I so want to have dinner just like that at least once a year. Good times.
Hanna and Micah
Garrett and Kirsten wrestling
At the fun park Camille took us too. The kids had a blast!
4. Thursday we picked Kirk up from the airport (so happy!) and drove back to Vernal. We did some pretty intense reception planning with my mom Thursday night. Friday we decorated the cultural hall for the reception with my mom, Dad, Kristy, Camille, Riley & Crystal, and Janet. 30 yards of tule, 25 strings of lights, 12 candles, 36 picture frames, 1 gorgeous backdrop, 16 tablecloths, 16 tables, 75 chairs, and 275 ft of wire  later it looked amazing. When it comes to receptions we have the knack! The pictures just don't do it justice. That night we made 120 cupcakes for the reception. They were so fun to make with so many of the family around my parents dinner table.
 
5.Saturday morning I got up bright and early and went and watched Chelsey get her hair done. I just wanted to hang out with my beautiful (in so many ways) sister as much as I could. Before I knew it I was in the temple with 6 of my siblings. The wedding was beautiful, Chelsey had a grin on her face that not even Audrey's scream could wipe off. Cody kept doing this cute sideways glance at her all during the wedding. It was simply the best. After the ceremony my older sisters and I got to help Chelsey into her dress. She looked stunning. I've seen some beautiful brides but her radiant smile takes the cake. Even though she is married at 18 Chelsey is so happy with Cody and they are such a fantastic couple that I can not wait to see how much better they make this world. Their wedding was just so much fun. The dinner afterwards was delecious and everyone was so happy to be together. The reception was beautiful. So many friends and people my family love. I got to help Chelsey into her dress for the reception and then out of her dress after and it will probably be one of my favorite memories. I'm just so stinking happy for her!


We were exhausted the next day but we made that 8+ hours drive home and are so happy to be home again. There really is no place like home.

6 comments:

  1. Chelsey's sealing must have been amazing! She looks stunning and so happy. How fortunate that you were able to help her out so much with her shower and especially on her wedding day. I'm glad you survived the screaming and crying in the car (there and back). Symphany did the same for what seemed like forever. When we moved away, I had to endure her screams and wails for two hours straight by myself, driving on a dark, rainy interstate. It's awful when nothing calms them down. Not sippy cups, not songs, nothing (except reaching your final destination and getting them out of their seemingly restrictive car seat). Not fun! But all the time you got to spend with family in Vernal and Logan sounds like it was well worth it. Not to mention hanging out with your best friends. They sound wonderful. Well, here's hoping everyone gets settled again soon at home (if they haven't already) and that you won't have to leave home for quite a while. Oh, lest I forget, Chelsey's reception looked breathtaking. If we end up living anywhere near you someday, I just may hire you for any parties or receptions that come up. You do fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving her dress!
    And your cupcakes look amazing!

    I about died laughing watching that video of Audrey...and then I cried because I was feeling for you.

    So glad you had so much fun. I felt similar when my little sis got married, it's just so special and AWESOME!

    Glad you're back, we should play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey reminds me so much of Spencer. You get to a point when you just don't leave your house. My kids used to dance around the living room when we returned from a trip. No Place Like Home. You were amazing during this wedding. It certainly wouldn't have been as glorious without your willingness to be "Boss." I love you. It was great to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't believe how much your writing reminds of grandma! when i miss her, i think i'll just call you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so fortunate to have such amazing sisters. I love you so much! It amazes me how generous and kind you are. You are such a great example to me. You spoil me so much. You did so much for my wedding, I mean Cody and my wedding;) The shower was so much fun! You guys sure know how to throw a party. Thank you for everything: the cupcakes, driving to Vernal and Logan and spending time with me, and the centerpieces, the shower, and most of all for being there for me through everything. I loved having you there to help me get ready. Most of all I loved having you in the temple with me. I love you so much and am so glad you are in my life. How lucky am I to have you as my sister! It blows my mind. Love you 2nd best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time and a great wedding.

    PS - my kids STILL get grumpy in the car and they are 11 and 9.

    I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete