Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Sunday post while Kirk is gone

Today I turned the AC down to 77 degrees...3 degrees down from the usual 80 it's set at. Within minutes my girls had goosebumps the size of Rhode Island. Kirsten feel asleep cuddle like this trying to warm up. We better head to Target tomorrow and get some winter clothes before heading up to Utah in a 10 days!

Motherhood sure showed up today. We have 8:00 church. Kirk had to be to the airport at 10:00 (he is in DC, he was only in Vegas 36 hours, sad I know). So we went to sacrament then the girls and I took Kirk to the airport during the second block. I had a friend sit with my primary class during primary then I would be back just in time for class. Perfect plan. But no one planned on Audrey looking like this by the time we got back to the church. Luckily my friend was more than willing to teach my class while I got to endure of the not so popular joys of motherhood!

Someday I hope Kirk puts me on an airplane while he drives away with this situation in the back seat!
Maybe Audrey should finally get a new car seat while we are at Target tomorrow?

6 comments:

  1. I have seen some blow outs in my day but that may be the winner! Congrats????
    On to something completely different, I think Reagan and Kirsten have the same green Target dress. I knew you had good taste! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the way it always works! The husbands leave and it seems like the kids just know its the right time to do something special for mommy!! Cant wait to see you guys!! Oh ya and your sisters baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would totally agree that maybe it is time for a new car seat-- there's no coming back from that... you explained it to me-- but i had no idea.... holy poo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry but I laughed right out loud and made Mike come see. HE HE HE! At least it isn't ground into your carpet and smeared all over the walls and in your vents.... Amelia has done that at least 30 times. Despite the duct taped on diapers, pinned on jammies and every other trick we could think of. (the good news is that in my VERY limited experience the 3rd kid is a breeze.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I don't know who to feel more sorry for...You or Audrey?? And I am with Kirsten on this one! During the summer I got the chills in your home too...set at 80..:)

    ReplyDelete