Monday, February 8, 2010

RSV



My poor girls were diagnosed with RSV last week. They have been sick pretty much since we moved down to Vegas. I hesitated taking them to the doctor because I had heard so many stories of doctors saying there was nothing they could do and just to use a humidifier and vicks...both of which we were already doing. But when Audrey started coughing so hard she started puking I took the advice of my oldest sister Kristy and called around to find a doctor. This was the most frustrating part for me because most of the doctors wouldn't see us because we were new patients and their "new patient" wait was 2 weeks out. Even though I had a very sick baby they wouldn't see us! I was so upset and bawling and frustrated. But finally I found a doctor by our new home in a brand new office. His hair and clothes were a little strange but he was really good and gave me treatment plans and medicine. He even did a quick check on Kirsten even though the appointment was only for Audrey and didn't charge me. So the girls are on antibiotics, a breathing treatment, and a nasal spray in addition to all the other usual treatment. I'm very grateful our insurance started right away, covered prescriptions, and for a doctor who not only saw us but helped us find a cure for my sick babies. We aren't 100% better yet, but are feeling much better.

4 comments:

  1. makes me want to cry just lookng at them hooked up to those breathng machnes hope they get back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sooo sad!! I'm sorry you have TWO sick babies, so hard! I'm glad you found a good Dr. and got some good meds! Get well soon Howcrofts! P.s. Audrey has changed so much, she is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for insurance and good doctors. And for you, spring is just around the corner. I hope all those bad germs fly away soon. Hope is insight. Give them hugs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, precious babies! Hope they heal rapidly. That's hard to believe how difficult it was to find someone who would treat them! Honestly! What good does it do to have sick babies wait two weeks to be seen by a doctor?! But sounds like the Lord intervened and led you straight to a physician who would be much better anyway. And I'm glad that your coverage has already kicked in!

    ReplyDelete